Monday, September 24, 2012

Boston In the Fall

Today I am inspired to write starting with a little entertainment. First the background info: We arrived in Massachusetts last night, and were planning on unloading both of our trucks for our first event this morning. We found out the trucks had issues and are not here yet. So, we have a bit of "free" time to get things done.  Anyone who follows Veggie Tales should know the song "The Pirates who don't do anything" This morning after getting up for breakfast I decided to go back to the bus to get a little more sleep (I figured it couldn't hurt since I've been a bit under the weather and we're going to have a long night). As I was falling to sleep I realized I was singing the Pirates who don't do anything song... specifically the part about "and we've never been to Boston in the fall" and then I stopped and thought.... I have never been to Boston in the fall, BUT if everything goes according to plan, I WILL be in Boston in the fall on Sunday.
While it seems insignificant, it's the little things like this that bring Joy to my life. The extra added blessings that the Lord uses to say, "I was thinking about YOU this morning"

As we are getting ready for our first event, the nerves are increasing. There is a sense of anticipation in the air. This morning we got to hear a brief story from our host church about their prayers for this event at this venue and how the Lord has worked to answer those prayers. It gave me the chills! It's so encouraging. It definitely gives a sense of perspective to what we are doing.

I can't wait to be able to write about what the Lord does in Amherst, MA!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment